Waterproofing slurries are used to make floors and walls resistant against water. They are used for many applications where water resistance of building components is important. We compare only those slurries, which are suitable for standing seepage water and water under pressure. A water level of several meters on top of the waterproofed surface should be acceptable. The slurry should be suitable for water tanks, swimming pools and large aquariums.
List of Waterproofing slurries in no particluar order:
- Schomburg Aquafin RS-300: We use this ourselves. Here is an application video (German Language). The test certificate for RS300 allows 6m water pressure and uses a safety factor of 2.5. Aquafin RS300 therefore has actually be tested on 15m.
- Sika SikaTop Seal-107: Two component semi-flexible damp- and waterproofing mortar
- PCI Seccoral 2K Rapid: a so called safety waterproofing slurry. According to PCI it can be used in swimming pools in water depth of up to 6m.
- PCI Dichtschlämme: This is a one component based mineral slurry. According to PCI it can be used for swimming pools. We at Hydrosight prefer two component slurries
- Mapei Mapelastic: 2 component, flexible mortar; according to document sheet it can be use up to 1,5bar under water. In some countries Mapelastic is the name of a whole range of products. Make sure you choose the two component cementitious mortar. Do not choose Mapelastic Turbo or Mapelastic Aquadefense.
- Remmers Multi-Baudicht 2K or Remmers Profi-Baudicht. Remmers is a German company. The product description match our requirements, however I have no experience with their products. Remmers portfolio show few work with swimming pools.
- Vandex BB75E, a elasticized waterproofing slurry. Vandex is a company from Switzerland
- Botament RD2. One of our customers uses it in Ireland – we have no experience with it.
- Winkler Chimica : A product from Italy that is supposed to work well.
- Otto-Chemie Dichtschlämme : A one component slurry. Suitable for swimming pools up to 4m waterdepth (Source: Otto-Chemie).
- Ardex S7: 1 Component Slurry. We had no good experience with this type of Ardex material. See picture to the left
Other ways of waterproofing:
- Carlisle Hot Waterproofing: This is a US supplier. It is based on bitumen or tar, which needs to be heated to become liquid.
- Polyurea: Polyurea based coatings seem to become more frequent nowadays.
Hydrosight doesn’t provide paid content. We are solely reflecting our 10 years of experience. If you represent a company and feel you should be listed here please contact us.
|Categories:||Technology of Glazing under Pressure|
|Created:||20 December 2013|
|Last Modified:||7 March 2016|
Acrylic is a very unusual material. It serves not only optical but also structural purposes...
Acrylic Panels – more translucent than glass and a great insulator – are used as ...
Typical optical quality in spherical sector windows. Curtesy of J.Stachiw – not our work ...
Glass needs to be very thick and has usually one or more laminated layers to be able to bear wa...
example for thermoforming spherical sector windows in aluminum molds “Many of the sp...
Both cast and extruded Acrylic burn more or less like hardwood; very little smoke generatio...
Hydrosight Underwater Windows