Technical Information on Acrylic
Acrylic Panels - more translucent than glass and a great insulator - are used as an alternative to traditional float glass. When it comes to withstanding pressure acrylic panels are superior as they are less brittle and hold back higher loads. That is why it is the material of choice for underwater viewing.
Acrylic Panels have the following attributes:
- a clear, distortion-free view
- ease of care and clean
- extremely high stability and break resistance,
- good heat insulation.
- very good thermoformability
- excellent weather resistance
- predictable long-term behavior
- low dimensional tolerances
Acrylic Panels are sold under various names and brands. Some of them are:
PMMA, Polymethyl methacrylate, methyl methacrylate, Plexiglas, Perspex, Plazcryl, Acrylite, Acrylplast, Altuglas, R-Cast, Polycast, Lucite and ShinkoLite-A